
While Andy went to Shanghai on Friday, Bob & I waited for a couple of guys from Peoria to get into Wuxi. They were glad to be off the plane and out of the car, as it took them nearly twice as long to get to Wuxi from Shanghai as it took us. We then went to Ronnie's, a pub that Bob had told me about. An ex-pat from Australia put together this place...Western food, western music, and lots & lots of other ex-pats. I'm not sure if the other guys appreciated it as much as I did, seeing as how I had a number of foreign meals, and they were just in. It was a good place for a burger & fries, and some good beer.

After Ronnie's we went walking a bit, and Bob took us past this place that used to be some sort of royal park or palace/residence at some point. It was lit up more than the East Peoria Festival of lights. It really was something. Not sure these pictures do it justice. But that goes for a lot of pictures I've been taking...you almost have to see it for yourself to really get an understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment